When thinking about eating a more healthy and balanced diet, an all-natural protein that is low in saturated fat and high in omega-3 is a great addition to your weekly meals. Raised in clean, cold, glacier-fed waters using sustainable methods, the Norwegian Fjord Steelhead Salmon are caught following Norway’s time-honoured fishing traditions and are some of the most flavourful salmon in the world.
These salmon fillets are hand trimmed, vacuum sealed, and immediately frozen to preserve freshness. They are rich in vitamin D and B12, have no trans fat, and is high in protein. These are also certified kosher by the Orthodox Union.
What makes this salmon extra special is how easy it is to prepare. You can thaw it in the fridge overnight or quick thaw it in a bowl of cold water. Here's a recipe that we love to use.
Baked Salmon with Garlic
- 1 or 2 portions of salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
How to cook it
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Arrange the salmon onto the baking pan and cover the top and sides of the salmon with the sauce.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until just cooked through and flaky.
That's it! You can also serve it with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables like asparagus, brussel sprouts, or broccoli. It's easy to make something healthy and delicious in under 15 minutes.